Abstract submission is now open!
Call for Papers: Koha Conference Pakistan KohaCon 2023
The Koha community invites submissions for the upcoming Koha Conference 2023, a premier event dedicated to open-source library automation software and its community. We welcome contributions from professionals, researchers, developers, and enthusiasts in the field of library technology.
**Conference Theme: ** *Empowering Libraries with Open Source: Towards a Sustainable Future*
**Important Dates: **
– Submission Deadline: **30 November 2023**
– Notification of Acceptance: ** 5 December 2023**
– Conference Dates: **21-22 December 2023**
Original papers on the theme and sub-themes given below or any other issue(s) related to the theme of the Conference, based on practice/theory/research in the field, may be submitted for presentation and/or publication. User and case studies relating to the Conference theme will also be accepted.
Conference Sub Theme:
- Models & Generations of Library Automation and Koha
- Modules in Koha
- System Administration in Koha
- Enhancement of Workflows (RFID, ESin Koha)
- Trends in ILS development and Koha Bibliographic & Authority Data Management in Koha
- Bibliographic & Authority Data Integration in Koha
- Bibliographic Data Models & Codes (FRBR, FRAD, RDA) and Koha
- Multilingual Data Management in Koha
- Interoperability Standards (NCIP, SIP, ILSDI, REST) and Koha Search Engines in Koha (including Elastic Search Vs Zebra)
- Enhancement of Retrieval and UI in Koha
- Indic Script based Retrieval Issues and UIs in Koha
- OPAC 2.0 and Information Mashup in Koha
- Interoperability Standards (NCIP, SIP, ILSDI, REST) and Koha Integration of Koha with External Tools
- Koha and Coral
- Koha and VuFind
- Koha and Other Tools & Services Cloud based ILS: Advantages
- Cloud hosting of Koha: Challenges
- Koha in GCP
- Koha in AWS
- Impact of Education 5.0 on Libraries;
- Green Technologies and Green Libraries
- Open Source Software
- Information Technologies
- New innovations in the field of LIS
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Libraries;
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Industry 5.0 and Information Ethics;
- Smart Libraries;
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity in Libraries;
- Academic Libraries and UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Hybrid and Hyflex (hybrid flexible) Services in Libraries;
- Big data and IoT
- Open source software and Clouds Library Systems
- Data Analytics
- Digital Literacy and Educational Systems.
- Teaching and Learning Styles (Self- Learning, Long Life Learning, Blended and Online Learning)
- Users Skills (Digital and Information Literacy Skills, Project and Business Management Skills)
- Digital Repositories and Data in brief
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted on given email address only.
- Presentation Type: Abstracts may be submitted for Oral or Poster.
- The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person may submit up to 02 abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as presenting author on up to 2 abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees will be scheduled for presentation.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English – All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of the oral presentations will be made available on the conference website.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
– Full first and family name(s)
– Email address
– Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city state (if relevant), Country
– Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Preferred Presentation type: Oral Presentation/ E-Poster
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgments. (Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables are included).
- Abstract topic – select the abstract topic per the list of topics.
- Images– The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
– Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- Presenting author’s contact details:
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on the abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme and Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme and Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 30 November 2023– 23:59 UTC
Submit your abstracts to Kohapakistan@gmail.com by 30 November 2023 for consideration.